Quoted Bible verses, either from Amplified Bible or NIV translation:
Acts 15:15-18 (Amplified Bible)
(15) And with this the predictions of the prophets agree,
as it is written,
(16) After this I will come back, and will rebuild the house of David, which
has fallen; I will rebuild its [very] ruins, and I will set it up again,
(17) So that the rest of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon
whom My name has been invoked, (18) Says the Lord, Who has been making these
things known from the beginning of the world.
Amos 9:11,12 (Amplified Bible)
(11) In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David, the fallen hut or
booth, and close up its breaches; and I will raise up its ruins, and I will
build it as in the days of old, (12) That they may possess the remnant of
Edom and of all the nations that are called by My name, says the Lord Who does this.
1 Chron. 16:4-6 (Amplified Bible)
(4) He appointed Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord and to celebrate
[by calling to mind], thanking and praising the Lord, the God of Israel:
(5) Asaph was the chief, next to him Zechariah, Jeiel (Jaaziel), Shemiramoth,
Jehiel, Mattithiah, Eliab, and Benaiah, Obed-edom and Jeiel, who were to play
harps and lyres; Asaph was to sound the cymbals; (6) Benaiah and Jahaziel the
priests were to blow trumpets continually before the ark of the covenant of God.
1 Chron. 16:37-42 (Amplified Bible)
(37) So David left Asaph and his brethren before the ark of the covenant of
the Lord to minister before the ark continually, as each day's work required,
(38) And Obed-edom with [his] sixty-eight kinsmen. Also Obed-edom son of Jeduthun,
and Hosah, were to be gatekeepers. (39) And David left Zadok the priest and
his brethren the priests before the tabernacle of the Lord in the high place
that was at Gibeon (40) To offer burnt offerings to the Lord upon the altar
of burnt offering continually, morning and evening, and to do all that is
written in the Law of the Lord which He commanded Israel. (41) With them were
Heman and Jeduthun and the rest who were chosen and expressly named to give
thanks to the Lord, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. (42) With
them were Heman and Jeduthun with trumpets and cymbals for those who should
sound aloud, and instruments for accompanying the songs of God. And the sons
of Jeduthun were to be at the gate.
1 Chron. 17:16 (NIV)
(16) Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said:
"Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?
1 Chron. 23:28-31 (NIV)
(28) The duty of the Levites was to help Aaron's descendants in the service
of the temple of the LORD : to be in charge of the courtyards, the side rooms,
the purification of all sacred things and the performance of other duties at
the house of God. (29) They were in charge of the bread set out on the table,
the flour for the grain offerings, the unleavened wafers, the baking and the
mixing, and all measurements of quantity and size. (30) They were also to stand
every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the
evening (31) and whenever burnt offerings were presented to the LORD on Sabbaths
and at New Moon festivals and at appointed feasts. They were to serve before the
LORD regularly in the proper number and in the way prescribed for them.
1 Chron. 25:1 (NIV)
(1) David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the
sons of Asaph, Heman and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying, accompanied
by harps, lyres and cymbals. Here is the list of the men who performed this service:
Hebrews 10:19-22 (Amplified Bible)
(19) Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter
into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus,
(20) By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and
opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that
is, through His flesh, (21) And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and
noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God, (22) Let us all come forward
and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance
and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire
human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom,
and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil)
conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.
Hebrews 13:15 (Amplified Bible)
(15) Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to
God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge
and confess and glorify His name.
1 Cor. 3:16 (NIV)
(16) Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Pet. 2:4,5 (Amplified Bible)
(4) Come to Him [then, to that] Living Stone which men tried and threw away, but
which is chosen [and] precious in God's sight. (5) [Come] and, like living stones,
be yourselves built [into] a spiritual house, for a holy (dedicated, consecrated)
priesthood, to offer up [those] spiritual sacrifices [that are] acceptable and
pleasing to God through Jesus Christ.
Joh. 17:20-26 (NIV)
(20) "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe
in me through their message, (21) that all of them may be one, Father, just as
you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may
believe that you have sent me. (22) I have given them the glory that you gave me,
that they may be one as we are one: (23) I in them and you in me. May they be
brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have
loved them even as you have loved me. (24) "Father, I want those you have
given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have
given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. (25) "Righteous
Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that
you have sent me. (26) I have made you known to them, and will continue to make
you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I
myself may be in them."